Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Beginning: A point in Time and Space, on this dimension, in which I control the vertical and horizontal, where my blogging starts

As I type this first entry, I can't help but think how my late husband would be completely unamused at my newest interest: blogging.

I can hear him right now:

Him: Bloggers are for people who don't have friends and think talking to them selves is a form of insanity
Me: I have tons of friends, and I have no qualms about talking - and answering - myself


Him: People blog because they were kicked off of Facebook
Me: Umm, I'm still in good standing with them, and besides I think you only get kicked off for being a repeat offender of posting nude pictures, and/or harassing people. I do neither of those two things.

And my all time favorite ...

Him: People who tweet are twits
Me: I'm not blogging on twitter, bitch!!

So, since I have not been able to argue with him for over 2 years, I cordially (and gracefully) stick out my tongue and say "naw-y, naw-y, naw-y, I am blogging". Oh, and I got the last word. How 'bout them apples??

So, why The Widowed Hottie? Several reasons. Most important, duh, I'm a hottie, and, oh yea, I'm a widow. My late husband was so proud of the fact that I was his wife. If anyone mentioned my picture on his desk and did the typical eyes bulge, damn, she fine!, or other remarks guys do when they see a hottie in a photo, his standard response? "Yea, I hit that" God, I miss him so much!!! So how better to deal with this new title I have to carry, then with comforting things from my past thrown in to make me feel better? The Widowed Hottie was born. And also, this removes any stereotypical thoughts most people have about widows being "old & crappy". Not so much. I know several beautiful women who break the mold for this title. Love to my sistas'!

Widowhood has been a journey; one I would not wish on my worst enemy ... well, I have known some pretty shitty people ... naw Karma will take care of them, I needn't ... but for some reason I was selected to undergo this process - possibly for street creds in heaven? - I have no idea, but there is a reason for everything and though I may not understand the reason behind this travesty that was, is, and will be my life from now on, I know one day I will. Like when I die and have a chance to have a little chat with the big man upstairs ... boy, am I ripping him a new one for this ...

Oh, and I should probably add in my standard disclaimer (yea, I'll update my bio too with it).

1.) I could make a sailor blush with my colorful language
2.) I am a widow, I don't give a shit who I piss off or offend by my typing in this blog
3.) If you're offended, sorry, my posts are not created for you, they are for me. They do not orbit you, they orbit me. That said, to directly single you out to offend/piss off - I don't have time for that kind of individual attention so don't feel special
4.) I make up words
5.) Spelling is not my strong point. So no comments from the peanut gallery about my handicap

No comments:

Post a Comment