Friday, August 19, 2011

How I came to be a widow

Some of you may be wondering why I am a widow (the hottie part I leave up to my impeccable beauty routines, and good genes). The usual smart ass answer I give to shut stupid people up and make them go away is this:

"Well, I was happily married, and then my wonderful husband died on me, so that makes me a widow."

Leaves them speachless everytime!! WIN!!!

In all reality, he had a severe heart attack and died instantly. Fortunately, I was not home when this devastating, life changing event took place. I was in the hospital recovering from major surgery.
The last time I remember seeing him was Saturday night (he died the next morning). He was leaving the hospital, kissed me on the forehead, and told me he loved me.

Normally, I am all woo hoo and shit about pain killers, but that was the one time I wish I wasn't higher then a motherfuckin' kite. Maybe I could have remembered talking to him, or asked him to stay the night, or felt his arms around me one more time. Of course, don't we all wish we had just one more moment with our late spouse? And let's not forget about the coulda, shoulda, wouldas ... Those little bastarts will eat you up inside!

So, before I get angry again, and then cry my sexy, little eyes out, I'll leave you with this. One of my favorite pictures of my hot, sexy, stud muffin, being, well, a hot, sexy, stud muffin - smart ass style ...



Yes, his middle finger is up and his tongue is sticking out. Standard pose for him when a camera is involved

No comments:

Post a Comment