Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The World Lost A Great Mind Today

Nerds, 633|<5, graphic artists, iPod/iPhone addicts, and anti-PC'ers alike, morn the passing of a great mind today. Steve Jobs, a college drop out, turned a dream & an idea into an enterprise that literally changed the world. My heart goes out to his widow (and family). I know first hand what its like to lose a great man.


I often ask myself, why does God take the good ones and leave the crappy ones behind. At first I thought it was just to make my life miserable. Yet, there are so many shitty people out there that couldn't possibly even know me, let alone single me out to directly piss me off. So I'll go with this answer; one my grandma gave me when Kane died: "God has a book which lists the dates & times of when each person on earth will return home. When your date comes, you get to leave. I know it hurts, but know that Kane did everything on earth he set out to do, and his reward is eternal life".

I must have argued with her for hours on this one. But grandma! I still need him! Does God not see that??? This world has a severe lack of love, why would God take someone from earth that was the most perfect example of love?? Does that make me a bad person cuz I'm still here?? FYI, she is a widow, too

I wanted to send out my own memorial to Mr. Jobs, and express my thankfulness to him for things he accomplished that he set out to do during his time on earth:

*If it wasn't for your Apple II, I would never have died from measles, snakebite, dysentery, typhoid, cholera, and/or exhaustion in first grade.

*If it wasn't for your disappearing act in 1985, then your epic reappearing act in 1997, I never would have learned Microsoft Windows.

*If it wasn't for your iPod, I never would have known I ABSOLUTELY! need to carry 8 gigs of my tune-age around with me … at all times.

*If it wasn't for your iPhone, I never would have experienced being able to talk and surf the web at the same time!

*If it wasn't for your putting of “i” in front of everything, I never would be able to use such words as: iFail, iBorked, iFirework, or iThingy.

*If it wasn't for your Mac Book Pro, I 1.)  never would have been pissed at my husband for 3 months straight because he got me one for me for my birthday instead of the wood floors I asked for, and 2.) because I was finally overcome by the "Mac Side" after a year of refusing to use it, I would not be typing this memorial right now.

*If it wasn't for your “Genius” employees at your Apple stores, I never would have known just how dumb a “Genius” could be.

Thank you, Steve, for making this world a better place! May you have an unlimited downloads, virus free, talking while surfing, ∞GS speed ... iAfterLife! Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment